2 Blondes and a Ginger

2 Blondes and a Ginger

Thursday, April 5, 2012

He Did Nuffin' Wrong

Today, yes three days before Easter, it dawned on me that we haven't talked that much about Easter around our house. During Christmas it seemed like we spent a whole month talking about what Christmas really was. But not for Easter.

So, today I asked Graham what Easter was about. He first said, "it's about celebrating Easter!" So good of him to define it with the word Easter. "No...tell me what Easter is really all about." He quickly said, "about God being alive." You got it G. It's about Jesus (who is God) being alive.

We talked about Jesus dying on the cross, and then Graham said, "He didn't do nuffin' wrong. And he still had to die." Yep. He did absolutely nuffin' wrong. And he's the one who had to die. That's what makes grace so amazing, so sweet. We have a Savior that loves us so much. He came to this earth, did nuffin' wrong, died for us, and then didn't stay in that tomb. He rose from the dead and is seated at the right hand of the Father. That is what Easter is about.

I told Graham that Jesus loved us so much that he died for us. Then Graham said, "He loves you even when ya'll yell at me." Why did you have to bring up my sin...again? But, yes, my sweet Graham. He loves Daddy and I even when we yell at you. I pray that one day G really grasps what he told me today. I pray that one day he will be able to say with full understanding that he is a sinner. And normally I get so frustrated when he makes excuses with the word "but." However, one day, I pray he can proudly say, "I mess up all the time. I'm a huge sinner....but Jesus." The only excuse I don't mind hearing is, "but Jesus...but Jesus died for me. But Jesus has given me faith. But Jesus paid it all." I'm waiting for the day to hear those words come out of his heart and not just his mouth. I do things wrong all day long, but Jesus, sweet Jesus? No, he did nuffin' wrong. Not one trace of evil is in him. Praise be to God!

No comments: